Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Italia -- Milano, Lake Como

We just got back from a fabulous trip to Italy that we will never forget! It was perfect. Bob's parents watched the kiddos--THANK YOU!--and we took off to Italia. Bonjourno!! We landed in Milano and hit the ground running. We flew with my parents and then met up with my sister and brother and their spouses.
My first gelato of many. So yummy.

We stayed our first 2 nights in Varenna on Lake Como. Our villa was amazing and walking around the charming town and eating pizza and gelato was the best. And that was just the beginning...The next day the ladies took a cooking class from Chef Mareno. We learned how to make fresh pasta, gnocchi, risotto, and tortelloni. We tasted everything, of course, and it was amazing, of course.Later, we took a walk up to a castle on the hill and I couldn't help taking this picture of a little door on the side of the road. I found myself taking tons of pictures of little walkways, alleys, nooks... Everything was so gorgeous and charming.











1 comment:

Becca said...

How awesome!!! I'm so jealous. You will have to teach me all your Italian cooking secrets next time you are up here.