Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!!



Gabbie was very festive in this outfit for Valentine's Day. While it's starting to warm up, we still needed to put on a long-sleeve shirt underneath to help keep her arms warm. Davis is already asking for the pool and to go swimming. We got some kids' goggles at Costco (a little early I know), so he's been asking ever since.

Our Valentine's Day was really fun. We decided to stay in rather than wait 2 hours plus for a dinner out on the town. I made a Rachael Ray recipe, Sexy Surf and Turf with asparagus and roasted potatoes (and I substituted the scallops for shrimp; and the sweet vermouth for beef stock). We actually got to eat uninterrupted while the Davis watched "Rudy" and Gabbie watched for a little and then played with toys. Davis had his football in hand and Bob's bike helmet on his head. He would hit it occasionally like the players do in the movie -- he was trying to psyche himself up for the big play. =) Then, off to bed went the kids and we enjoyed some homemade chocolate-dipped strawberries and sparkling cider. When I went to the store I forgot I was in the minority when I thought all the sparkling cider would be gone, especially since I was shopping the day of. It only took me a few seconds to realize that there would be plenty there for us to enjoy. =)
We also got to enjoy some tunes on our new ipod-sync speakers that Bob got for us (I don't actually know what they are called exactly -- sorry). =)
It was a really simple low-key night. I think now that we have the kiddos we have come to appreciate those more. We should definitely not wait until the next special occasion to do it again! =)
Happy Valentine's Day!!

6 comments:

Susanne said...

Those photos are precious! She is such a beauty. I'm glad you got an uninteruppted dinner! The recipe sounds fantastic... feel free to post in your "free" (yea right) time! I just realized that I typed your email address into blogger wrong for an invite to our blog a few days ago, so I just sent a new one!

Brandon and Becca said...

Gabbie is so cute in those pictures. Your evening sounds fun. Brandon worked, so I had a quiet evening with my teething baby and Evan watching Ratatouille.

. said...

I love that you guys had a romantic evening even with the kids there. we do have to get creative sometimes but is sounds like you guys had fun!

Kristine and Philip said...

Very nice! I loved hearing about your romantic dinner. Good going Becca, way to win some points. Yes, Gabbie is a doll. Can't wait to hug her and Davis next week.

Heather said...

Hey Brandis-adorable family--I could squeeze those Gabbie checks all day--

Bobby-Way to cue the crickets chirping on the Danville reunion site. (I just read it and thought it was kind of funny.)

Lauren said...

What a fun V-Day! Thanks for sharing!