Thursday, April 10, 2008

Therapy via Volleyball








So, I've been without our camera since Easter since I left it at Bob's brother's house. I've been wanting to show you the kids, but we'll have to wait a few more days, weeks, ... I don't know.



Anway, I did want to tell you how much fun it has been to get together with other ladies in the stake and play volleyball every Wednesday night this past month!!! Sports were such a big part of my life growing up that it's like having an old best friend back. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true. Once I get into that gym I feel like my old self again. I hope the ladies don't mind my loud, obnoxious trash talk, but it feels good. =) I love being able to put the kids to bed and then go have some fun and be silly (And trust me, by 10 pm or so, I'm not the only one who's a little loopy). =) It's a different kind of fun because I have such a blast with my little munchkins. You mothers know what I mean. I think it helps to get a little time to ourselves so we can become our better selves and better mothers.



5 comments:

Tierra Lowry said...

I think I feel as passionate about Volleyball as you do. I love it so much. I just wish that I could play. I hope you are still doing if after I have the baby.
Bring on the trash talk. It's all about the performance right? I hope you guys are having a blast.
Did you play in high school?

Becca said...

Tierra - we'll definitely be doing this for a LONG time! It's really fun.
I wish I had played in high school, but I played winter and spring sports, so I decided to work during fall.

zrd222 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

I miss volleyball too...I want to make it to our stake volleyball night. This has made me want to put it on the calendar and go!

. said...

I am soooo not a vollyeball chic. I would be hitting people it the head with my serve!! But it sounds like a lot of fun and It is always so good to get out! and play.