Monday, September 15, 2008

Point Defiance Zoo!

We went to visit my family in Washington a couple weeks ago. We had such an awesome visit. I had a blast! The first highlight was seeing my good friend from high school and growing up, Cindy, who I haven't seen in 8 or 9 years!! Isn't that crazy!?! Well, it didn't seem like any time had passed at all. We just picked up where we left off and had a really fun time. Thanks Cindy!!!

The next day (Thursday, Sept. 3rd), we went to the Point Defiance Zoo up in Tacoma. Liz, Rhett, Lauren, Anders, Amy, Sarah, Jacob, Grace, Davis, Gabbie, and I all went. Liz and Lauren have season passes, so we all got in free! It was a gorgeous day and the kids had fun being together and checking out the animals.

Posing (sort of) at the entrance.
Davis and Gabbie checking out the monkeys.
One of the monkeys came over and was swinging around everywhere and giving us a great show. Then, he swung right over to this tapir (I don't know -- looked like a big pig to me. =)), and hopped right on him. So funny. The kids loved it. The tapir didn't do much -- he just kind of rolled to the side more and then went back to sleep.
Everybody hitching a ride.
Gabbie, Anders, Jacob, and Grace at the Polar Bear exhibit.
Aaaaw. Anders giving Gabbie a hug.
There was a great kids zone with toys, sprinklers, and a petting zoo. All the kids loved it. Davis picked a favorite goat and just fed that one. How responsible. =)
The last stop -- the carousel. Davis picked out a black horse and LOVED it. It was difficult getting him off and away from the carousel. He really wanted to go on it again. =( Gabbie loved it too.
So happy!Gotta cut those bangs.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, I just love those double chin smiles! Gabby, you are gorgeous little girl!! We miss you. And yes, of course we went to the amazing UCLA Game! We have some pretty painful sunburns to prove it. Gooooooooooo COUGARS!!!

Emily said...

Hi! You don't know me, but I grew up with your husband Bobbi in Danville. I found your blog through Kevn Lowe's. Please tell Bobbis hello!!!! You have a gorgeous family! ~ Emily Scanlan (Williams)

Kristine and Philip said...

Oh, my goodness, what darling pictures of Davis & Gabbie as well as Anders, Jacob, Rhett, Gracie, Sarah, and Anders...am I missing anyone...I hope not! What cute grandchildren I have!

Campbell Family said...

Hey guys! I'm so excited to see that you have a blog! We had no idea, now we can keep up with you better than we have been. Sorry:( I can't believe how much the kids have grown, they are adorable. I haven't seen Gabbie since she was a little baby. They are both so cute! Hope you guys are doing well. We think about you often and hope we can all get together soon! You guys look great!